this morning i woke up early (9 am) even though I had been out dancing til 3:30 am the night before! since i couldn’t stay in bed any more i decided to see what i could make for breakfast for me and c. I round this cool recipe in a rachel ray book, made a few adjustments by what i had in the house and it turned out AWESOME! great and different way to make eggs.
1/2 cup jimmy deans 1/3 less fat sausage
1 small red onion
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
1/2 cup broccolli chopped small
5 sun dried tomatoes diced
1 tomato chopped
2 TB butter melted
6 slices bread (i used wheat)
some shredded 6 italian blend cheese
1. preheat oven to 400.
2. cook sausage stirring so it breaks up in small chunks – about 5 min
3. add onions, brocolli, shallots, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cook til onions translucent
4. add sun dried tomatoes and tomatoes and cook about another minute. take off heat.
5. spray muffin tin. press bread slices flat and put into muffin spots. squish it in there well and brush lightly with melted butter
6. carefully crack an egg into each muffin spot lined with bread. be careful not to break the yolk! sprinkle salt & pepper on each egg and spoon some of the onion/sausage/tomato mixture on top of each egg (about 3 TB full). Top with some shredded cheese and put in oven for 15 min.