I started calling this recipe “soy ginger orange honey cilantro pork chops” but that sounded too clunky, so I tried on “Asian Orange” and realized an even more succinct name would be “Mandarin” being that mandarins are little asian oranges. So to be clear, this is not a mandarin Chinese dish, and it does not use mandarin orangs, but it is still delicious! I made up this dish since we had some thick boneless pork chops we needed to cook. The result was so juicy and flavorful! I’d add even more orange than i used though.
8 boneless center cut pork chops
1/3 large bottle of soy sauce
Zest and juice of 2 oranges
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup honey
½ large red onion diced
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ can sprite
½ cup white wine
3 TB minced ginger
3 TB minced garlic
1. Combine all ingredients except pork in a large bowl/container and stir to mix.
2. Place pork chops in sauce to marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
3. Grill, flipping as needed for about 25 min or until no longer pink.
4. Take marinade and cook down til thickened, adding a little corn starch to speed up the process.
5. Plate and top with sauce and more chopped cilantro.
MMM. finished product!
my friend trying to take credit for all the delicious food.
the rest of the food: we had balsamic reduction & blue cheese steaks, grilled veggie skewers, and wild rice from a box. 🙂