4 filets of white fish (I used tilapia & orange roughy frozen filets)
1/4 olive oil
2 TB white vinegar
juice of 1 lime
1/2 Tsp cumin
1 Tsp chli powder
1 TB minced garlic
1 Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp garlic salt
1 cup orange juice
jicama and cucumber peeled & cut into strips
1 small avocado cut in long slices
2 limes quartered
mango corn salsa:
1 small ripe mango
3/4 cup frozen /canned corn thawed
1/2 purple onion diced
bunch cilantro chopped fine
2 roma tomatos diced
seasoned sour cream:
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
chili powder & paprika
corn tortillas warmed in microwave for 30 secs
1. mix together marinade ingredients in a bowl and place fish filets in marinade. pour in more OJ if needed to cover filets. marinate for 30 min- 1hr.
2. prepareyour toppings and salsa. for salsa, throw all ingredients in bowl. season with salt/pepper til taste is right. put toppings & salsa in fridge to chill.
3. mix together sour cream ingredients and keep in fridge.
4. Heat 2 Tb olive oil in pan. dredge each filet lightly through some flour and place in hot pan. cook about 10 min and flip over. continue cooking and flipping till flakey and not translucent anymore. pour some of reserved marinade over fish while cooking and squeeze 1/2 a lime on top.
5. while fish is cooking, reduce reserved marinade and heat up corn tortillas.
place finished fish on a serving plate and pour reduced marinade over top.
6. assemble tacos: spread some sour cream on tortilla, place fish piece, top with jicama/cucumber/salsa, squeeze extra lime if desired.