I made these yummy tarts for a girls night out party I threw. We booked a “passion consultant” from Passion Parties for early evening entertainment before we went out dancing. You know my love affair with goat cheese and honey, and I couldn’t’ resist another little tryst. These tarts were SO YUMMY and pretty easy to make. Definitely give them a try.
They are based off this recipe with some minor changes and also scaled for appetizer size: http://bronmarshall.com/?p=264. You will also find after pics here. I forgot to take after pics b/c they were so delish looking I had to eat them. Oops!
2 sheets of puff pastry thawed
12 dried figs
12 dried apricots
1 package goat cheese
5 TB Honey
2 medium onions
3 TB brown sugar
1 TB balsamic vinegar
1 TB olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Caramelize the onions – thinly slice the onions. Heat your skillet up with olive oil. Add onions, brown sugar, balsamic and cook, stirring til caramelized and kinda sticky. Should take about 20 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Mix goat cheese & honey in a small bowl til combined. Add more honey to fit your taste.
4. Slice figs crosswise to show the pretty seeds. Dice apricots.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into squares about 2.5 x2.5 in. I got 8 rectangles from the frozen puff pastry sheet.
6. Assemble tart – place some caramelized onions on the square of puff pastry. Top with 1 TB of goat cheese mixture. Place 3 pieces of fig on top and a few cubes of apricot. Pinch up the corners of the tart as shown in the pic above. Repeat for the remaining pastry squares.
7. Bake for about 20 min until golden on the edges.