This recipe is perfect for al those lovely ears of corn that are in season now. The pic above makes the soup look very thick, but it was taken a few days after I made the soup. still tasty!
1 slice of bacon
1 TB olive oil
2 TB butter
1 onion diced
1 TB cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 TB paprika
3 TB flour
1 tsp salt
6 cups chicken broth
4 white potatoes
3 ears of corn
1 red pepper
1 c half and half
shredded cheddar cheese for topping
1. chop bacon, dice onion, red bell pepper, potatoes; cut corn from cobs
2. heat olive oil in large pot and add chopped bacon strip. cook until fat rendered..about 5 min. scoop out bacon and reserve
3. Add butter, diced onion and cook til onions translucent
4. add cumin, chili powder, paprika, flour, salt, pepper and cook about 3 more min to make a roux
5. Add chicken broth, diced potatoes, corn cobs (with corn removed) and bring to boil. lower heat to medium and cook for 15 min
6.Add corn, red pepper, half and half. Add more salt, pepper, cumin to taste. Remove cobs after about 5 min.
7. Garnish with bacon, cheddar cheese and serve.