Tonight I made some won ton soup with a lil twist that was delicious. Check it out!
– 3 Beef rib bones
– 1 onion
– 2 Tsp Salt
– 2 TB Sugar
– 1 lb Ground Turkey
– 4 green onions minced finely
– 1 small can water chestnuts minced finely
– 1/4 cup golden raisins minced finely
– 2 TB soy sauce
– 2 TB rice vinegar
– 1 TB corn starch
– 1 TB sesame oil
– 2 Tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 TB corn starch + water to mix
– 1 pkg wonton wrappers
– 2 cans 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
– 2 bunches baby bok choy
1. Fill a large pot with the rib bones and cover with water. Bring to boil and dump everything out. This gets rid of the scum from the bones.
2. Fill pot about 1/2 way with water and bones. Throw in a peeled yellow onion. Add salt & sugar. Bring to boil and lower to medium, simmering for 45 min.
3. Add all filling ingredients in bowl. Mix together well. It’s easiest to use your hands! get dirtay!
4. Take a wonton wrapper and place 1 TB of meat filling in center of wrapper. Dip your finger in the cornstarch glue and dot it at a corner of the wrapper.
8. By now, your broth should be done. Remove the bones and onion and raise the heat. Add 1 can of chicken broth and about 1/2 of the wontons. When it starts boiling, add 1/2 the second can of broth and let it get up to boil again. Add the rest of the broth and bring to boil and your wontons should be ready! remove from pot with a slotted spoon.
9. At this point, you can place a few wontons in a bowl, add some broth, chopped green onions, pepper, and cover with broth to serve. I also added some baby bok choy cooked in the broth and a soft poached egg.