Lord it’s been a long time since I’ve posted. It’s been a whirlwind of work and prepping for vacation, and vacationing, and recovering…but, I”M BACK BABIES!
well, sort of. I didn’t have much in my fridge b/c of laziness with grocery shopping, but I was able to cobble together a pretty tasty meal and a new (to me) way of marinating meat.
Key takeaway here is that made a paste to marinate the meat instead of my usual more liquid marinades.
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/4 lb beef (eye of round or petite sirloins are good)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 green onions
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 TB sea salt
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 3 TB curry powder
– Tofu into slices
– bell pepper into large dice
– mince lemongrass stalk
– fine chop on green onion
– mince garlic if using fresh garlic
– beef into thin slices
2. Prepare the marinade paste: In a bowl, combine lemongrass, garlic, green onions, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and curry powder. Mix and smash around til evenly distributed.
3. Marinate yo meats! Add your sliced beef into the bowl and mix around til evenly coated. Let it sit for at least 20 min.
4. While the meat is marinating, prepare tofu as instructed here: http://cookieloveseating.blogspot.com/2008/09/inspiration-reaches-across-states.html Set aside on plate when done
5. In same pan on high, add more olive oil and some minced garlic. Cook about 1 min til getting golden. Add the marinated meat and stir to cook about 2 min. Then add the diced bell pepper, tofu, pineapple and continue to stir fry for about 3 min. Taste and add more salt/pepper according to what you like. Add corn stir another minute. Turn off heat and you are ready to feast!
Pretty easy right? The tofu rocks at picking up all the delish flavor. I was surprised to find that I did not need to add any additional liquid to get the flavors distributed, so the paste method gets a thumbs up from Cookie! Serve some of this goodness over sticky white rice for best results 🙂