It’s Monday, and if you are like me, you are pushing through the day, getting in that post-weekend workout in to purge yourself of all the gluttony that seems to follow Saturday and Sunday so easily, and then limping home hoping to get to bed early to make up for all those late nights out.
What? Don’t look at me like that. I’m not judging you over there looking refreshed, organized, and ready to conquer the world! Don’t hate me b/c I’m WINNING at life! (I really couldn’t help myself. The man just says what I”m thinking in the deep dark recesses of my mind.)
Mondays are for recovery in my book. I wake up hoping I remembered to hit the drycleaners to pick up some freshly pressed clothes so I don’t have to whip out the iron. More likely than not, my party girl self had decided to prioritize mimosas at brunch with the ladies, followed by an afternoon nap or some online shopping, before I chugged a redbull and charged out into the night….over getting to the drycleaners on time to pick up my boring “serious working woman” clothes. I say weekends are for shunning responsibility and indulging in pleasure in all it’s forms!
So here I am on a Monday morning when I have to put my “serious working woman” panties on and be a responsible adult again, cursing the party girl that I have to plug in the iron now to make myself look presentable for the rest of the world. UGH!
So…Monday evening I come home and kick off my power pumps, determined to eat something healthy to start my week off right. This recipe hits all the rights notes of being healthy, easy, and nourishing, and is thus a perfect cure for a case of the Recovery Day Mondays. Dig in. Wash it down with a glass of wine with your work shirt all untucked if you need to ease yourself into the week! 😉
- 6-8 tilapia fillets (Other light white fish should work too)
- 1/2 head cabbage (I used napa cabbage)
- 1 apple
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 TB honey
- 1 TB olive oil (I used a persian lime olive oil that gave it special lime kick)
- 1 lime
- lemon pepper
- salt, pepper
- soft tortillas (I used whole wheat low carb)
- Tomatillo avocado sauce
1. Heat the oven to 350
2. Dash some olive oil into the bottom of a glass pan. Nonstick spray works fine too.
3. Lay your fillets down in one layer and season with the lemon pepper on both sides of each fillet.
4. Slice some rounds off the lemon and place them all over the fish. Squeeze about 1/2 the lemon all over the fish.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 min or until the fish flakes easily.
6. While the fish is baking, finely slice the cabbage, onion, and apple into thin slices. You can also get the tomatillo avocado sauce going at this time.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, juice of 1 lime, and dash of salt/pepper.
8. Place the cabbage, onion, and apple into a large bowl. Cover with the honey/olive oill/lime dressing and toss all to combine and distribute. Taste the slaw and add more lime or salt as needed. It should taste very light and fresh!
9. When you are ready to eat, toast the tortillas on your stove top. Then break up the fish into chunks and place some in the tortilla. Top with slaw & tomatillo avocado sauce or other salsas.