I’m obsessed. Gimme more of this bright, slightly tart, garlicy, parsley-y sauce on everything!! On steak? Hell yes! On eggs? Oh mama! Dip my fries in it? GAH! Throw it in a smoothie?
Hmm, that might be over the line, but the more I think about it, it might not be such a bad idea!!
Anyway, obsession aside, you guys should definitely try out this sauce. It’s simple, quick, veggie/vegan/raw food/paleo/healthnut-friendly, and adds this perfect bright counterpoint to richer, heavier entrees like steak.
- 1 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 TB fresh oregano leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion (or 1/2 of a large one)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (can exclude if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Roughly chop up the parsley. Strip the leaves off the oregano. Mince up the onion. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
2. Take out your food processor and let ‘er rip. Have fun adding the parsley, oregano, garlic, and onion to the processor and watch them all get demolished! WHOOO! Process til everything is pretty finely shredded, about 10-15 seconds.
3. Turn the processor on again and add the olive oil, vinegar & red pepper flakes. Consistency should be pretty chunky still. You can add more olive oil if you like a more saucy sauce.
4. Taste the sauce and add salt to taste. I used about 1/2 tsp.
5. And it’s ready to put on everything! I definitely recommend it on a steak, seasoned simply with salt/pepper and grilled. Tastes even better the next day. Should keep in your fridge about 5 days.