I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year by donating money for Cookies for Kid’s Cancer and baking 3 dozen cookies to send to other bloggers. Really fun way to help out a good cause, get to know other bloggers, and, of course, eat delicious cookies!!
I made these amazing Mint Chocolate Crinkle cookies I found browsing pinterest. So delicious and fun. Like one of my coworkers said, it was like 3 awesome cookies had a baby.
The hardest part of the cookie was actually stirring the dough. I had doubled the recipe so it was a serious workout trying to get that dough forming!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon green colored sugar (optional)
- bag of mint truffle flavored Hershey's Kisses
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, and eggs until well mixed. Whisk in extracts.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into ½ Tablespoon balls. Roll balls into mixture of powdered sugar/green sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 1½ inches apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until cookies crackle and dough doesn't look raw. While cookies are baking, unwrap the kisses and make some room in your refrigerator or freezer for the cookie sheets. When the cookies come out of the oven, immediately place a kiss in the center of each cookie and press lightly. The kisses will start to get melty, so it's best if you are able to place the cookie sheet (with the kiss cookies still on it) directly into the freezer or refrigerator until the kisses can cool off and set up.
Shout out to the food bloggers who sent me cookies as well! The Lushers, My Purple Kitchen, and Cats & Commas.
Thank you for your delicious cookies!