Ah, my love affair with the trusty crock pot continues..
This is another go to recipe for me when I know I’m going to get home late b/c of work or other commitments, but I still want to make sure we have a healthy, tasty dinner that won’t take forever to prepare.
My two favorite things about pork tenderloins are that:
a. They are a very lean source of protein – only 3 grams of fat for 22 grams of protein in a 3 oz serving! (source)
b. They freeze really well so you can stock up when they have ridiculous sales
This recipe is SO EASY. It’s even easier than my super easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala b/c you don’t even have to marinate it overnight or wait for the meat to defrost! Just wrangle the frozen tenderloin outta the wrapper, mix together the ingredients, pour and GO!
8 hours later, I promise you will come home to a delicious smelling house and a satisfying, healthy meal and feel like a rockstar! This meat works well for all sorts of meals like, tacos, spring rolls, tossed with some scrambled eggs, throw inside a sandwich or on a salad. So many porky possibilities!! Below is a simple, but delicious salad with arugula, clementines, avocado and dressed w lime juice, olive oil, salt & pepper. Heat up the meat separately and enjoy an awesome, healthy lunch!
- 1 pork tenderloin
- salt & pepper
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 4 TB mustard (dijon or grainy is best!)
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Limes/lime juice (optional)
- Season all sides of pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker
- Chop garlic
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together, chopped garlic, mustard, honey, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, thyme leaves, corn starch, chicken stock until combined
- Pour over tenderloin in the slow cooker and spread around
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Shred with two forks in the pot
- Serve with a couple squeezes of lime juice. Would be great for tacos, spring rolls, salads, sandwiches, tossed with some eggs!
(To make this paleo, make sure you are using raw, unfiltered, local honey and cut out the brown sugar & corn starch)
Get your own slow cooker for only $24.99. Best kitchen investment ever!