I think I’ve reached a new level of laziness with this recipe. Possibly even easier & lazier than my Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. This meal is workout fuel. It’s good single person food b/c you can make a ton and it freezes well. It’s good crazy busy mama food for the same reasons. It takes pretty much no work. It’s good for lazy people, like I can sometimes be when I’ve over-booked myself with activities for 3 weeks straight. Oh yeah, I’m also planning a wedding. Sometimes that means I revel in my laziness with endless episodes of Law & Order, SVU. DUN DUN.
So, if you fit any of the above. This tasty, healthy, easy, lazy recipe is for you!! You really can have it all in one recipe!
1. Chop up onions & garlic. Use the pre-minced garlic as I did for extra lazy-factor. Throw in a bowl with olive oil and nuke for 2 min. Lazy man method to skip sauteing aromatics!
2. Open some cans of tomato stuff. Shake in some spices. Mix it all around.
3. Add raw ground turkey in chunks and mix around.
4. Close lid and go to bed or work (depending on how extra lazy you are)
5. Come back 8 hours later to a beautifully caramelized tomato-y meat sauce
that is good for throwing on top of..
a. regular or whole wheat pasta (for regular people)
b. veggies (for low-carb, paleo people)
c. your mouth! (be careful, it’s hot!) (for hungry extra lazy people)
I kept mine running overnight and all day while at work and it was an even deeper red & better flavor.
REVEL IN YOUR LAZINESS & ENJOY!
- 2-3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 TB tomato paste
- 1 TB dried oregano
- 1 TB dried basil
- 1 TB dried fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic or 2-3 TB pre-minced garlic
- 2 TB olive oil
- Chop onion & garlic, and place in a bowl with 2 TB olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 min.
- Put everything else except turkey in the slow cooker and stir around.
- Add onions & garlic when they are done.
- Add raw turkey in chunks. Can stir up if you like a smoother sauce.
- Close lid and cook on low for 8 hours minimum. Up to 24 hrs.