Life has been crazy busy the last few weeks. That means…you guessed it, more slow cooker recipes for ya’ll!
I tried out this recipe when I saw it b/c it seemed so different from everything else I’d seen before. The resulting dish had a really unique flavor and was very tasty! I made a bunch of adjustments to the original based on what I had at my house and some gut instinct. 🙂
This recipe is very paleo friendly – just leave out the sugar.
- 1½ pound pork tenderloin, cut into ¾-inch thick pieces (excess fat removed)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 6 roma or smallish tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 TB tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- Slice the potatoes (skin on), chop onions & tomatoes into large chunks, mince the cilantro, cut the pork into 2-3 inch pieces
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray and add the pork, sweet potatoes, onion. Stir around.
- In a bowl, combine, tomatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, tomato paste, white wine, minced cilantro, black pepper, salt. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over rice or steamed broccoli.