Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but sometimes it’s tough to make time. This recipe makes it easier to me to get a quick protein hit to start off my day on the right foot. When I first read about these recipes, I thought they’d be dry and not very tasty, but have found that baking (and not over-baking) actually keeps the eggs really moist.
The recipe is flexible to whatever you have around the house and is ready in about 20 minutes to cover a week’s worth of breakfasts. Way better for you than the “eggs” you might be getting at any fast food place! These are also great for using up leftover veggies. I’ve made them with bell peppers, spinach, broccoli, and zucchini so far.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup onions
- ½ cup any other veggie
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Dice up the onions & veggies and quickly sautee til softened (about 3-5 min)
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and divide up the veggie mix in each muffin well
- Whisk eggs + dash salt, pepper + cheese (if using) in a bowl
- Spoon egg into each muffin well about ¾ full
- Bake for 15-20 min or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
- Let cool slightly and remove from tin
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for later.
- If eating later, heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
If you want to try a fancier version, you can also check out Breakfast Cupcakes!